A baby learns to walk somewhere between 9 and 12 months of age, and so did I. (Reference : First web page when u Google search for when a baby learns to walk). But we don't really remember our first steps do we? We don't remember the first fall on our rear side, or on our faces for the lucky few. We don't remember the first run or the first spin. Well...I do. Cos I did it all over again now at 25. And was it fun!
We learn to train our brain to feel our feet and most importantly know where in space each foot is. How did I do this? Well I learned to consciously look at my feet every few seconds to give feedback to my brain about their whereabouts. That might sound funny, but I do loose my feet a lot, and my brain doesn't really know where to put it next. One other thing you learn is to put your heel down first and then take your feet off the ground from your toes. Before I found this out, I was walking in a bizarre fashion, making a whole lot of noise like I had hooves. I'd stomp my whole foot on the ground at once..clip clop clip clop....only not so pleasant sounding. And like babies I eventually learned that every now and then I need to sit and stare around me, pick up a twig and break it, or just simply be surprised I have toes at all. It's the sitting that keeps babies going (or so I tell myself).
After successful walk training... On to Running!!! Wish me Luck !!
Pakistan offers asylum to Puja Khedkar
2 years ago
2 comments:
Didnt get the connection. Why would you do it all over again.
Talli?
hehe i can understand your confusion... ask RD :)
Post a Comment